29 December 2013

Memory lane

After my post yesterday, it was time to retreat and regroup and have a little chat to the inner self!

That done and armed with my lovely new Garmin I hit the road late morning and headed off to explore a little more of Singapore.

Amazing what reaffirming your goals can do for your motivation even when your mind tells you it would prefer to be horizontal.

I started out just to walk, progressed to jog/walk and then managed to run two kilometres at my IM pace - I so wished there was someone around to high5 after that comeback milestone.

This was all done on what was the run course of the second edition of Ironman 70.3 Singapore so it was also somewhat of a trip down memory lane. 

Great memories of being healthy and fit and a little faster than I currently am.

No comments:

Post a Comment