09 February 2014

Mixed bag

Wow what a weekend!

Finally, there was some relief from the relentless wet season storms.  We even had periods of sunshine - so unaccustomed had I become that the dazzling glare had me squinting madly and hunting to find long discarded sunglasses!

I even managed to get a couple of rides in, again without getting wet. Yesterday's was somewhat of a struggle (especially into the wind) but today I feel like I have turned the corner.  Antibiotics are obviously kicking in.

This morning was the annual club Off Road Tri down at Lake Alexander.  I rode down, arriving just in time to take some happy snaps.

My photos can be viewed here.  Not too bad considering my camera was misbehaving, again.  Actually it is a new camera, replaced under warranty but now it too is exhibiting the same faults as the other.  No names, but I think this model is a lemon.  Thinking of buying a digital camera?  Get in touch and I will be happy to tell you what not to buy!

Club event done and dusted I pedaled home furiously to track the action at Ironman 70.3 Geelong.

Of course I'm biased, but was totally stoked for Daryl when  four athletes he coaches made podium.  Two in the 70.3 and two in the associated 5150 Olympic Distance race.  One has taken a slot for Ironman 70.3 World Champs in Canada coming up in September. 

Tracking finished I spent way to much time on social media updating. I think it is appreciated as many people take the time to mention they look forward to seeing my photos go up on the club Facebook site.  

So the weekend has been one of recovery from infection, struggling with training but also feeling some form return, excitment tracking some excellent results and disappointment for a couple of others who dnf'd (one due to illness and the other an accident on the bike leg), sunshine and storms.

A real mixed bag


No comments:

Post a Comment