27 July 2014

Comeback V2 underway

Finally I have ticks on all my sessions - the first full week of training I've done since the end of May. 

A few lazy weeks post Hawaii 70.3 followed by flu certainly put a dent in my fitness, so those ticks are proof positive that Comeback V2 has started. 

Friday was a public holiday here due to the Darwin Show taking place and the long weekend was the perfect time to be out riding as there was not a lot of traffic on the roads. 

My sessions have been focused on easing back into training and I'd been using my old bike up until the weekend but have now decided that I'm going for comfort from here on in.

The old bike will still be there when the wet season returns but until then it will get to hang on a hook. 

Ms Trek is going to Cycle Zone for some TLC tomorrow as the gears need a little adjustment after being tuned for my race wheels.  



Ms Tek has an appointment for some TLC tomorrow

Once that's done we will be seeing a lot more of each other in the four months leading up to Challenge Phuket. 

Our local long course triathlon takes place in three weeks.  After Hawaii I had half thought I may have been able to continue on and take part, but after being sick that's not happening.

In the meantime, I'm happy to have the Challenge Phuket Comeback V2 carrot dangling out there as something to work towards.






No comments:

Post a Comment