13 July 2014

Tickled pink

I went for a run/walk this evening!

So tickled pink to write that I almost used CAPITAL LETTERS.

The last three weeks have passed in a blur of ill health, so it was nice to finally wake this morning feeling completely well again.

I've emerged from the horizontal looking rather pale with absolutely no trace of my Hawaii tan remaining. Sad that.

More importantly, my fitness has understandably taken a rather steep nose dive.  There really is truth in the saying, "if you don't use it you lose it".

I won't panic (just yet). 

Challenge Laguna Phuket isn't until 30 November 2014 so plenty of time to invoke my inner Comeback Queen again.  

Although I've definitely lost staying power, at least this time I won't be starting at complete rock bottom.

Good news also that my most recent scans, bloods and colonoscopy (all completed last week) have been OK'd and I have three months reprieve before my next check up is due.  

The one positive thing about having endured a couple of weeks of flu symptoms and being incapable of contemplating exercise in any shape or form is just how great it feels to finally get back out there!!

Dry season in Darwin is the very best time of year and I'm happy to be able to be out and about again.  Magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment