17 January 2015

Some days

Some days a bike ride can be magic.

I was out the door late this afternoon for only my second ride this year so far (I know, I know - not off to the start of 2015 that I was hoping for but better than nothing).  The aim - just enjoy it!

Not far from home I encountered a tree full of black cockatoos ....


followed not long after by a frill necked lizard sighting ...


We used to see a lot of these wonderful creatures around but unfortunately it is not so common to see them now. 

I was happy to stand and watch this one for awhile though we eyed each other rather warily and I made sure the bike was between me and the lizard. 

I only wish I had realised how to zoom on my new phone before I went riding. 

After this morning's heavy rain it was energizing to have the sun peep through and I just kept on riding, loving the tail breeze and Darwin's now clean green look, so different to just a couple of months ago when everything was still dry and dusty.

The white cockatoos were also out and about ...


Into the wind on the way back I struggled a little, but with so much to look at I was soon back on the foreshore and then heading for home. 

Some days you just have to take the time to "smell the roses" and enjoy the simple things!


No comments:

Post a Comment