25 January 2015

Something is missing

Not having a firm triathlon goal on the horizon, I'm feeling somewhat adrift.

Conversations with me, myself and I since Challenge Phuket have acknowledged that I really do function better if I have an event that I'm training for and enthusiastic about doing.

Instead, right now, I'm casually working on maintaining fitness and taking advantage of the extra time available!  I'm enjoying aqua aerobics, long walks and sight seeing rides again.  This mini break from training has also provided time to concentrate some more on becoming clutter free (there is still a very long way to go) and to carry out some random acts of kindness.  

But something is missing and it is most definitely the answer to that often asked tri question, "What race are you doing next?" and I'll admit for once it has me scratching my head!

Having already decided that I'm happy to be in a supporter role at both Challenge Melbourne (this coming weekend) and Ironman 70.3 Vietnam (May) and perhaps also Cairns (in June), I'm scanning the calendar for inspiration and jumping out at me are the races in Putrajaya and Singapore around April.

Thinking I'll have a chat with Supercoach real soon about those and pending results of an upcoming scan, will sign up for one (or perhaps both) and start work on becoming a version three Comeback Queen!

Although I don't have that next event firmly locked in, I'm not totally tri-less. Today our club kicked off 2015 with an aquathlon (750m swim, 5km run).  I was down at Lake Alexander bright and early to set up check in, took a few happy snaps for Facebook and to encourage competitors. 

It was a great turnout for the first event back and the wet season weather gods were kind to us which is not always the case at this time of year!


The weather gods turned on a perfect morning










No comments:

Post a Comment